Roberta Booth Family Reunion

Grave Site - Evergreen Cemetery

Friday, July 24, 2015
I'm sitting in front of my moms grave. It's been over 30 yrs since she has past. Remarkable!!

 I only knew her 13 yrs of my life. Even then I was a young girl. How much did I really know her?  Also a good 5 yrs of that she was ill. How well did I know her?  Not really?

However, she was a phenomeul writer!  She kept journals and copies of weekly letters. She articulated words well. She shared real events- humorus, inspiring, painful, challenging, desperation, strength, love, and most of all lived through each event her testimony. 

How well do I know her now? I can say pretty well. I'm grateful, ever so grateful for her journal writing. I've been able to learn and grow from her beyond the grave. As a mother and wife myself, I can understand her more as a friend. Take in her learning, her testimony. Use examples to understand her, my siblings, my ancestors. 

Thank you Roberta Booth for always telling the truth!  Sharing real stuff, I've needed it!  Love you mom!




Ps. I hope to some day get a QR code on her tombstone. So it can link back to this site. Get these images uploaded to family history sites. Some day😫
 
 
 
Pin It!

Friday, July 24, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment